Three Hurt Trying to Rescue Dog from House Fire

Saturday, Jan 11, 2014  |  Updated 3:51 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Three Hurt Trying to Rescue Dog from House Fire

advertisement

Three people were hurt after a Laurel, Md. home caught fire Saturday morning.

The Prince George’s County Fire Department responded to a house in the 15600 block of Haynes Road and discovered a fire on the first floor. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.

Three residents inside were found with exposure to high heat and thick smoke. Investigators believe the three were attempting to rescue their dog, which unfortunately perished in the fire.

A woman was taken to a Burn Unit as a precaution for her exposure to hear and fire. Two men were transported to a different hospital for their injuries. All three are in good condition with non-life-threatening injuries.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out