Three Hospitalized After Falls Church Carbon Monoxide Leak

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2013  |  Updated 12:45 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Three Hospitalized After Falls Church Carbon Monoxide Leak

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Three Hospitalized After Falls Church Carbon Monoxide Leak

Three people were hospitalized Wednesday morning following a carbon monoxide leak at a Falls Church apartment building.
More Photos and Videos

Three people were hospitalized Wednesday morning following a carbon monoxide leak at a Falls Church apartment building.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue crews were called to Barcroft Plaza Apartments in the 3600 block of Malibu Circle around 2:15 a.m., where a resident inside showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside the unit, News4's Derrick Ward reported.

A man and a woman were treated at the scene and then taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital. A man was taken to Arlington Hospital. All three suffered life-threatening injuries.

The building was evacuated, but residents were allowed to return to their homes about four hours later, after firefighters ventilated the structure and the carbon monoxide dropped to a safe level. 

Gas officials say a faulty furnace caused the leak.

Stay with NBCWashington on-air and online for more on this developing story.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out