Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Three firefighters suffered minor burns during an intense fire.
Three firefighters were admitted to a local hospital's burn unit after being injured while battling a fire in Temple Hills, Md. early Wednesday.
The three firefighters were inside the home in the 2900 block of Colebrook Drive, trying to keep the fire - which was located in the basement - from coming up the stairs. They were subjected to intense heat and suffered minor burns even through their protective gear.
One firefighter was burned on his neck, ears and wrist, another had burns on his arms and wrist and the third sustained burns to his ears, wrist and knee.
However, the firefighters were successful in containing the fire, which was extinguished 10 minutes after firefighters arrived. The residents were not injured.
The cause of the fire was said to be a malfunctioning dehumidifier. The house suffered $100,000 in damage; the dislocated residents are being assisted by Prince George's County's Citizen Services Unit.
The injured firefighters were released from the hospital Wednesday afternoon.