Space Heater Eyed as Cause of Temple Hills Fire

Authorities say residents of the home left heater on while they were out

Thursday, Jan 24, 2013  |  Updated 10:20 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Space Heater Likely Caused Md. Blaze

advertisement

Fire investigators believe an electric space heater may be to blame for a fire in a home Thursday.

It was the second fire Temple Hills house fire during a short span of time Thursday -- around 11 a.m., a woman was rescued from a house fire on Everest Drive. She is in critical condition. Then, around 12:15 p.m., firefighters were called to the 2800 block of Curtis Drive, where a one-story home had a fire in the basement.

Authorities say the residents of the home, a couple in their 80s, left the heater on while they were out running errands.

The fire was extinguished within 15 minutes. No one was injured. Damage is estimated at $75,000.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out