Planning to ride the Metrorail this Veterans’ Day weekend?
Metro says multiple stations will be closed at times on the Green and Red Lines due to major track work and signal system repairs.
The Waterfront, Navy Yard, Anacostia and Congress Heights stations on the Green Line will be close at 10 p.m. on Thursday and will not reopen until Monday, according to Metro. Buses will run between the L’Enfant Plaza and Southern Avenue stations instead of trains.
The Shady Grove and Rockville stations on the Red Line will close early on Saturday at 11 p.m., but will reopen Sunday morning at 7 a.m., says Metro.
Metro says free shuttle buses will make stops at the closed Metro stations.
Full list of impacts:
Green and Yellow Line – from 10 p.m., Thursday through closing on Sunday
• From 10 p.m., Thursday, November 10, through closing on Sunday, November 13, buses will replace Green Line trains between L’Enfant Plaza and Southern Avenue stations to allow for NTSB-recommended switch replacement.
• Four stations will be closed: Waterfront, Navy Yard, Anacostia and Congress Heights.
• Green Line trains will operate in two sections -- between Greenbelt and Huntington and between Branch Avenue and Southern Avenue.
• Free "local" shuttle bus service will operate between L’Enfant Plaza and Southern Avenue with stops at Waterfront, Navy Yard, Anacostia and Congress Heights.
• Free "express" shuttle bus service will operate between L’Enfant Plaza and Southern Avenue with an intermediate stop at Anacostia.
• The last train will depart Branch Avenue 20 minutes earlier than usual—at 11:04 p.m. on Thursday night, 2:04 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights and 11:04 p.m. on Sunday night.
• Customers using shuttle buses should allow 30 minutes of additional travel time.
• Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Greenbelt throughout the weekend.
• Normal rail service will resume on Monday, November 14.
Shady Grove and Rockville Stations – from 11 p.m. Saturday through system closing
• Shady Grove and Rockville stations will close at 11 p.m. on Saturday, November 12, to allow for necessary signal system repairs.
• Free shuttle buses will operate between Shady Grove and Twinbrook with a stop at the Rockville.
• Customers using shuttle buses should allow about 15 minutes of additional travel time.
• The two affected stations will reopen for service at 7 a.m. Sunday, November 13.