Several Cab Drivers Robbed Since December in Va.
Police need the public's help in identifying several suspects wanted for robbing at least six cab divers in Virignia since December 2012.
The suspects have been seen driving stolen taxis around the times of the robberies. Police say they then ditch the taxis.
The incidents confirmed as being related occurred on the following days and locations:
- Dec. 3: 8th Street and Lincoln Avenue in Fairfax County at 6 a.m. A 39-year-old driver parked his cab and exited when another cab pulled up behind him. The driver exited, brandished a gun and demanded money. The victim complied and suspect fled.
- March 30: 5100 block of Lincoln Avenue at 6:26 a.m. in Fairfax County. A 34-year-old driver was walking to his cab when two suspects exited another car, brandished a handgun and took property from the victim. Both suspects fled in the other car.
- June 20: 6500 block of Cherokee Avenue at 2:10 a.m. in Fairfax County. A 51-year-old driver parked his car in a parking lot. Two suspects exited another vehicle, each brandishing guns. They took money and property from the victim and fled in the other car.
- June 21: 14000 block of Baneberry Circle at 3:48 a.m. in Prince William County. A 54-year-old driver parked his vehicle and was approached by two suspects, one with a handgun. The suspects took property from the victim and fled in their vehicle.
- June 23: 6400 block of Wingate Street at 3:45 a.m. in Fairfax County. A 29-year-old driver parked his cab and exited. He was approached by a suspect brandishing a handgun. The suspect took cash and property from the victim and fled in another car.
- Another robbery in another jurisdiction is believed to be related.