Needy kids will receive presents and have a Merry Christmas, thanks to generous donations from area residents. More help is needed, especially in Fairfax County, where 500 kids still need sponsors and the Salvation Army is also looking for corporate sponsors to lend a hand. If you want to leave a Christmas present for a child who has nothing under the tree this year, then stop by a participating location and drop off a cool new toy.
Here are some locations in Virginia that are accepting donations:
- B.J.’s at the Fair Lakes Shopping Center
- Walmart on Burke Commons Road in Burke
- Denny’s on Lee Highway in Fairfax
- Olive Garden in the Fair Lakes Shopping Center
- Giant Food on Rolling Road in Fairfax
- Tyson’s Corner Christmas tree on the second level in front of Blooingdale’s.
To learn more about this holiday program, go to the Salvation Army: Angel Tree Program website.