Prince George’s County police are investing the death of a six-year-old girl after she was found entangled in cords attached to window coverings.
And Saturday’s death is a reminder to parents and anyone who looks after children to keep window cords and strings out of the reach of children.
Also, move all furniture like cribs, beds and toys away from windows.
If you live in an apartment building or home where you are not allowed to replace blinds or shades with cordless ones, contact the Window Covering Safety Council for a free retrofit.
You can find more safety information at the following links: