The Republican Governors Association is calling Virginia Democratic candidate for governor Terry McAuliffe untrustworthy in a new television ad, in light of an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission of his former company.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Republican Governors Association chairman, says: ``Bottom line is Terry McAuliffe has disqualified himself from being governor of Virginia.''
Jindal is attending the National Governors Association meeting in Milwaukee.
His attack and the 30-second advertisement which begins airing Monday refer to the investigation of Green Tech, an automobile manufacturer McAuliffe helped found, over its effort to lure foreign investors.
McAuliffe said Saturday he hadn't known about the investigation until reading it.
The chapter is the latest in a race between McAuliffe and Republican Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, both touched by hints of scandal.
MORE ON NBCWASHINGTON.COM
- Documents: SEC Probing McAuliffe's Former E-Car Firm
- Analysis: McAuliffe Overshoots at Times in Debate
- Feds' Probe of Visa Program Echoes in Va. Gov Race
- Prosecutor Finds No Foul by Va. AG for Late Reports
- McAuliffe Outpaces Cuccinelli in Fundraising
- Va. Governor Campaigns Hype, Contort Foes' Words
- Va. Gubernatorial Candidates Share Stage at Tech Forum