Propane Odor Shut Down Hospital ER for Hours

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Southern Maryland Hospital in Clinton, Md., shut down its emergency room for two hours Monday night while HAZMAT crews searched for the source of a strong odor.

    The administrator worried it could have been a natural gas leak.

    After two hours, HAZMAT crews determined the smell came from the building’s propane storage tanks.
    The hospital called in the propane supplier to make repairs, and the hospital was given the all clear.