Some schools in D.C. and Maryland remained without power Monday night due to Hurricane Irene.
All D.C. public schools will be in session Tuesday, including two that still lack power.
Because of the continued lack of electricity Monday, alternate locations have been chosen for the Oyster Building of Oyster-Adams Bilingual School and Thomas Elementary School. Parents should drop off and pick up their children at those schools, but if those schools are still without power:
- Oyster’s pre-kindergarten through second grade students will be taken to the Adams campus,
- Oyster third graders will be taken to Marie Reed Elementary,
- Thomas pre-kindergarten through second grade will be relocated to Kenilworth Elementary, and
- Thomas third through fifth grades will be relocated to Cesar Chavez Public Charter School.
In Prince George’s County, Md., all schools with power will open. A decision has yet to be made about these nine schools that still have no electricity:
- Apple Grove Elementary School
- Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts
- Brandywine Elementary School
- Concord Elementary School
- Glenarden Woods Elementary School
- Heather Hills Elementary School
- Highland Park Elementary School
- Imagine Foundations ONE and TWO Public Charter Schools
- James Frank Dent Elementary School
- Kenmoor Elementary School
- Magnolia Elementary School
- Princeton Elementary
- Rockledge Elementary School
- Samuel Ogle Middle School
- Tall Oaks Vocational High School
- Whitehall Elementary School
- Woodmore Elementary School
Officials announced Largo High School, Suitland High School, and Central High School would be open on Tuesday morning. Updates will be provided via the school system’s website, phone line (301-952-6000), Facebook (PGCPS), Twitter (@PGCPS and @PGCPSHite), and TV (Comcast channel 96 and Verizon channel 38).
In Montgomery County, power remains out at Woodlin Elementary. An announcement about its status will be made before 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Schools in Calvert, Anne Arundel and St. Mary’s counties will be closed Tuesday. Click here for a complete list.