Someone in Virginia is waking up a whole lot richer Thursday morning.
A ticket sold in the Richmond area for Wednesday night's Powerball drawing evening matched all six numbers drawn, a Powerball official told News4.
It was the only winning ticket sold for a jackpot of a cool $217.2 million annuity, or a lump sum of $136.4 (both before taxes). Not bad, right?
The winning numbers were 5, 27, 36, 38 and 41, with Powerball number 12.
For security reasons, Powerball officials are not yet releasing the exact location where the ticket was sold. They expect to make an announcement later Thursday morning.
In other states, six players matched the first five numbers to win $1 million each in Wednesday night's drawing, and a player in Rhode Island won $2 million in Powerball's Match 5 Power Play.
- Looks Like Local Man Didn't Win the Lottery
- $1 Million Mega Millions Winner in Alexandria
- $1M Powerball Ticket Sold in Arlington
- Big Powerball Winners Warn of Emotional Roller Coaster
- Manassas Man Wins $200K on Lotto Scratch-Off