Apply for Passports Before Fees Go Up
You may want to get your U.S. passport for your next trip now before the fees go up.
Starting July 13 prices will go up across the board:
- $135 for a first-time U.S. passport for adults (ages 16 and older). The current fee is $100.
- $110 for U.S. passport renewal for adults. The current fee is $75.
- $105 for a U.S. passport for minors (under age 16). The current fee is $85.
Fees for U.S. passport cards will also go up. Passport cards can be used to enter the United States
, the Caribbean
, and Bermuda
and land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry, but cannot be used for international air travel.
The new fees for U.S. passport cards are:
- $55 for first-time U.S. passport card for adults (ages 16 and older). The current fee is $45.
- $30 for a U.S. passport card for adults who have a valid U.S. passport issued within the last 15 years. The current fee is $20.
- $40 for a U.S. passport card for minors (under age 16). The current fee is $35.
To download a passport application, visit travel.state.gov.