Nursing Home Fire in McLean

No reports of injuries

By Jessica Johnson
|  Thursday, Sep 27, 2012  |  Updated 12:56 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
51 residents were evacuated after a clothes dryer caught fire.

51 residents were evacuated after a clothes dryer caught fire.

advertisement

The Fairfax County Fire Department responded this morning to calls about a fire at the Arleigh Burke Pavilion Assisted Living Facility.

Units arrived on the scene of the McLean facility shortly after 10 a.m. Fifty-one residents were evacuated from the building, and others were told to stay in their locations. Fire officials said a dryer in the laundry room caught fire, spreading within the walls of the structure.

Smoke is currently being removed from the building.

No injuries have been reported at this time.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out