Northwest D.C. Hotel Evacuated

Fumes investigated

Thursday, Jan 20, 2011  |  Updated 7:00 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Northwest D.C. Hotel Evacuated

NBCWashington.com

advertisement

The Marriott Hotel at 22nd and M streets in northwest D.C. was evacuated due to a chemical reaction that resulted in fumes in the ventilation system.

D.C. Fire and EMS said the odor originated with a trash compactor.

Hotel guests were taken to the Embassy Suites nearby.

Some roads in the area were closed, but M Street remained open.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out