The Navy is paying tribute to the victims of Monday's deadly shooting at the Washington Navy Yard on their Facebook page.
Both the Naval District Washington and the U.S. Navy changed their profile pictures to a seal covered with a black band of honor.
Since it was posted, Facebook users have shared the picture more than 16,000 times in support of the victims and their families.
Twelve people were killed in the shootings and eight others wounded. The gunman, 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, was also killed.
- Navy Yard Employees Return to Work After Shooting
- Navy Yard Shooter's Path to D.C. Emerges, But Questions Remain
- Families, Neighbors Remember Navy Yard Victims
- Navy Yard Gunman's Mother: I Don't Know Why He Did What He Did
- Navy Yard Shooting: Investigators Search for a Motive
- D.C. Shooter Went on 'Anger-Fueled' Rampage in Seattle in 2004
- Nats Game Postponed in Response to Navy Yard Shooting
- Navy Issues "Order to Account" for D.C., Sets up Hotlines
- Navy Yard Shooting: Inside the NAVSEA Operation That Was Attacked