Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Emmanuel Marlow recalls last Thursday night, when he had to interrupt his rounds selling beer at National's Park to help a choking teen.
A beer vendor at the Nationals ballpark is credited with helping to save a boy's life during a game last week.
Emmanuel Marlow was making the rounds in the stands last Thursday, when he noticed a boy coughing and turning blue.
Marlow was the first to act. He had taken a course in CPR training, so he knew what to do.
“Everyone was panicked and didn't know what to do,” said Barlow. “I went over and give him the Heimlich and piece of chicken came out of his throat.”
The teenager was taken to the first aid station at the ballpark for an evaluation. He made a full recovery.
Marlow said after the incident, he went back to work selling cold ones.
“I was in the right place at the right time,” said Marlow. “I am glad his mother didn’t have to suffer losing a child or anything--that's the blessing in it.”
Marlow plans on getting in touch with boy he helped save.
“I am glad his mother's okay and he's okay,” said Marlow. “I'll speak to the child one day, I'm going to call him and see how he's doing.”