D.C. Fire & EMS crews are working to clear medical waste that fell off a truck near Dupont Circle Friday morning.
Latex gloves, used gauze pads, paper gowns, bandages and other items fell around 9 a.m. in the 1600 block of Connecticut Avenue NW.
Authorities said needles were not among the waste items.
Multiple emergency vehicles are on the scene, but Connecticut Avenue remains open to traffic during cleanup.
- Teachers Abusive at Va. Child-Care Center, Say Social Services
- H.S. Coach to Apologize After Kicking Band Off Field
- Gay Server Denied Tip Over Her "Lifestyle"
- Man Dies in Leesburg, Va., Crash
- What to Expect from the Obamacare Fix