Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Complications from a snakebite killed a Chesterfield County man who was found dead in his home, according to the Virginia medical examiner.
Jack Redmond's wife called police Monday and said she found her husband dead in a room of their home where he kept various snakes and lizards.
Authorities removed 24 venomous snakes from the home the next day. Two private collectors agreed on Wednesday to either care for the venomous snakes or find facilities where they could be placed.
The medical examiner didn't provide details but said the 70-year-old’s death was an accident.
A Chesterfield County ordinance bans ownership of venomous snakes.