Md. Home Engulfs in Flames After Tribute to Family Member - NBC4 Washington

Md. Home Engulfs in Flames After Tribute to Family Member

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Diane Marshall had just finished paying tribute to her late son Tuesday afternoon when a tossed match caused her Upper Marlboro home to erupt in flames. News4's Shomari Stone has the emotional story. (Published Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013)

    Diane Marshall had just finished paying tribute to her late son Tuesday afternoon when a tossed match caused her Upper Marlboro home to erupt in flames.

    Marshall lived in the 3700 block of Endsley Place with her husband, George, her daughter Erica and Erica's 7-year-old son Barron.

    The family had just paid tribute by lighting candles for Diane's late son Raymond. Diane blew out a match, put it in a trash can and walked outside to take her medicine. The match was not fully blown out and her home erupted in flames.

    Approximately 45 firefighters responded to the fire, but the home was a total loss, leaving Diane and her family with a new feeling of grief. Luckily, no one was injured.

    "It's just so hard to believe this happened to me," Diane said. "I'm blessed I still have my family."

    If you would like to help the Marshall family, donations are being accepted at Beacon Light SDA Church, 1943 Drew Street in Annapolis; (443)333-9872.