Maryland Man Badly Burned in Barbecue Accident

Victim sustained burns to about 50 percent of his body Monday

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Shutterstock

    A Maryland man sustained burns to about 50 percent of his body Monday in a barbecuing accident.

    Bruce Sharp, of Waldorf, is being treated for non-life-threatening first- and second-degree burns .

    Sharp, 45, was injured while igniting a 270-gallon barrel that had been converted into a homemade grill. Vapors from the ignitable liquid suddenly flashed, burning him.

    Sharp was able to drive himself to a local medical center and was then transferred to the Washington Hospital Center's Burn Unit.