Maryland Live! officials plan to break through the casino floor wall with sledgehammers to mark the entrance to a poker room set to open next month.
The event is scheduled for Thursday at the casino in Hanover.
The poker room is scheduled to open to the public on Aug. 28 with 52 tables. It will be 14,800 square feet.
Maryland Live! is the state's largest casino.
RELATED COVERAGE ON NBCWashington.com:
- Maryland Live! Celebrates First Anniversary
- Woman $20K Richer After 1st Night of Md. Table Games
- Table Games Arriving at Maryland Live
- Md. Casino Hiring 1,200 Workers for Table Games
- Md. Voters Pass Same-Sex Marriage, Gambling, Dream Act
- Maryland Live! Grand Opening