Maryland's largest casino is celebrating its first anniversary during the month of June.
The casino was the highest earning gaming center in the state in May, bringing in over $55 million -- that's more than $28.6 million in taxes for the state. May marked the casino's first full month of operating both table games and slots.
Voters in the state approved the expansion of table games back in November.
The Arundel Mills casino is open 24/7 and employs 2,400 people. The casino is looking to fill 200 more position to accommodate the opening of a poker room, a press release states.
During the casino's "1st Live! Birthday Bash," guests have a chance to win prizes ranging from a 2010 Jeep Wrangler to a $250,000 jackpot.
For more information on Maryland Live!'s birthday bash, click here.
RELATED COVERAGE ON NBCWASHINGTON.COM:
- Woman $20K Richer After 1st Night of Md. Table Games
- Table Games Arriving at Maryland Live
- Md. Casino Hiring 1,200 Workers for Table Games
- Md. Voters Pass Same-Sex Marriage, Gambling, Dream Act
- Maryland Live! Grand Opening