Man Dead After Going Up in Flames at Gas Station

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    NBCWashington.com

    FREDERICK, Md. -- A man who became engulfed in flames at an Exxon station has died.

    Ainsley Gordon Jr., 26, of Germantown, was burned early Wednesday, Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office spokesman Joseph Zurolo said. Gordon apparently was filling a gas can at about 4 a.m. when he caught fire at the station on state Route 85 near the Interstate 270 interchange. It is unknown what sparked the flames.

    Gordon suffered third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body was flown to the Washington Hospital Center burn unit, where he died a few hours later.

    Man Catches Fire While Filling Gas Container

    [DC] Man Catches Fire While Filling Gas Container
    A man in his twenties dies after flames break out at a Maryland gas station.

    A vehicle and fuel pumps also ignited in the blaze, which caused $60,000 in damage.

    An attendant at the station cut the fuel to the pumps when the fire started.