Man Committed 13 Bank Robberies: Police
Montgomery County Police and the FBI are looking for a man they believe has robbed 13 banks in Maryland and Virginia since July 2010.
The latest robbery was committed Friday about 12:15 p.m. at the BB&T Bank on Georgia Avenue in Wheaton. Police say a man entered the bank with a gun and announced a robbery. A teller gave the robber money and he left, walking along Georgia Avenue.
Authorities believe the same man has committed nine robberies in Montgomery County and four in Virginia.
Police said the robber is a black male with a medium to dark complexion, 6-feet to 6-feet-2-inches tall and weighing about 180 to 200 pounds.
Crime Solvers of Montgomery County is offering a $2,500 reward and can be reached at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or 240-773-TIPS (8477).
The complete list:
- July 2, 2010, Sovereign Bank, 17920 Georgia Avenue, Olney, approximately 12:27 p.m.
- September 1, 2010, Sovereign Bank, 17920 Georgia Avenue, Olney, approximately 3:10 p.m.
- October 14, 2010, M&T Bank, 11161 New Hampshire Avenue, White Oak, approximately 2:33 p.m.
- October 30, 2010 – Wachovia Bank, 16810 Georgia Avenue, Olney, approximately 10:21 a.m.
- November 16, 2010 – M&T Bank, 11161 New Hampshire Avenue, White Oak, approximately 11:16 a.m.
- December 14, 2010, BB&T Bank, 2947 S. Glebe Road, Arlington, approximately 2:15 p.m.
- December 20, 2010, Bank of America, 600 North Washington Street, Alexandria, approximately 2:45 p.m.
- December 27, 2010, PNC Bank, 1700 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, approximately 2:15 p.m.
- January 7, 2011, SunTrust Bank, 9812 Falls Road, Potomac, approximately 1:31 p.m.
- February 1, 2011, Sovereign Bank, 481 N. Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, approximately 3:27 p.m.
- July 21, 2011, SunTrust Bank, 9812 Falls Road, Potomac, approximately 9:54 a.m.
- August 4, 2011, SunTrust Bank, 603 W. Broad Street, Falls Church, Virginia, approximately 10:06 a.m.
- September 2, 2011, BB&T Bank, 11501 Georgia Avenue, approximately 12:13 p.m.
Copyright Associated Press / NBC4 Washington