Police have charged a Virginia man with first-degree felony murder in the case of Alexis Murphy, a Nelson County, Va. teenager who has been missing since early August.
Randy Allen Taylor of Lovingston was also charged with abducting Murphy with "an intent to defile." And he was charged with a unrelated count of grand larceny, according to documents posted by Charlottesville TV station NBC29.
Murphy was last seen Aug. 3, 2013. Her car was found in the parking lot of a multiplex in Charlottesville three days later.
The commonwealth's attorney for Nelson County said there is probable cause to bring Taylor to trial, and that Taylor will appear in circuit court Monday afternoon for a pre-trial hearing.
The case of the missing girl, who was 17 when she disappeared, has galvanized the community southwest of Charlottesville. Volunteers have repeatedly searched several areas in the county for any sign of Murphy.
- Suspect Indicted in Disappearance of Va. Teen
- New Person of Interest in Alexis Murphy Case
- FBI: Missing Va. Teen's Cell Phone Found
- Abduction Suspect Thru Lawyer: Wasn't Last to See Alexis
- Video Shows Suspect at Same Gas Station as Missing Teen