Door-to-door salesmen, telephone calls and direct mail all pitch promises to save you money on electricity or natural gas, but there are lots of complaints and confusion.
If you live in D.C. or Maryland, you can choose your electricity or natural gas supplier.
Virginia residents can only choose an alternate gas supplier. Electricity is not deregulated.
Here is a list of legitimate energy suppliers in the area:
- Electricity Suppliers for D.C.
- Electricity Suppliers for Maryland and comparative price chart
- Natural Gas Suppliers for Maryland and comparative price chart
- Natural Gas Suppliers for Virginia
- Natural Gas information for D.C.
- Natural Gas information for Maryland