Intense Christmas Day Fire Consumes Silver Spring Home

Wednesday, Dec 25, 2013  |  Updated 11:34 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Christmas Day Fire Consumes Home in Silver Spring

advertisement

One resident suffered burns and two firefighters suffered minor burns as a Christmas morning fire consumed a home on Narrows Court in Silver Spring.

The fire caused an estimated $750,000 in damage to the two-story home; crews on the scene said the home seemed to be a complete loss. Five adults in the home were displaced.

The fire was ruled to be accidental, caused by the improper use of flammable liquids in the fireplace, Montgomery County fire officials said.

Firefighters who responded found heavy smoke and fire on the first floor. At one point, the intense fire forced firefighters to evacuate the home, before crews were able to control the blaze.

The victims are being treated at a local burn center.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out