This article is sponsored by Michael & Son, the leading full-service plumbing, electrical, HVAC and remodeling company serving the Washington D.C. area for over 30 years. Learn more about Michael & Son at MichaelandSon.com.
June is here and that means temperatures and humidity are soon to skyrocket.
Unfortunately, the same can be said for your energy bill as you and your family battle the heat.
But there are some steps you can take to keep yourself comfortable and save money. Most importantly, you should make sure that your HVAC system is well maintained and in tip top running condition. An efficient HVAC system is critical in keeping your energy costs down.
In addition to cutting your energy bill, a well maintained HVAC system will also keep your family healthy by helping purge the home of harmful air pollutants. Indoor air pollution is among the top five risks in 97% of homes, and changing your system's filters and regular duct cleaning will eliminate dust, dirt and mold, leaving everyone in better health.
For those of us not prone to undertaking DIY home improvement jobs, the most efficient and inexpensive method for resolving or avoiding HVAC system problems is by scheduling a Michael & Son 21 point Clean & Check with a trained technician. Let's take a closer look at what that entails:
- Making sure your system is operating safely and properly
- Check the calibration of your thermostat
- Check flame sensors and ensure proper combustion and flame pattern
- Bio fresh cleaning on entire system, check/ change filters
- Clean and inspect all coils
- Inspect and clean all burners
- Inspect and clean blower and wheel assembly
- Check, clean and lubricate motor, record amperage
- Visual inspection of all duct work and connections
- Inspect heat exchange for cracks and holes
- Inspect exhaust for proper drafting of combustion fumes and gases
- Inspect circuit boards for proper sequence and operation
- Inspect for proper power supply and voltage
- Clean and check pilot light
- Inspect duct dampers for proper settings
Once a Michael & Son technician has finished the inspection, you will receive a written report detailing the services your system needs. The 21 point clean and check keeps your system operating at optimum efficiency and peak performance, thus increasing comfort and decreasing energy cost.