Anne Arundel County fire officials say a natural gas leak prompted the evacuation of two Annapolis shopping centers on Sunday.
Fire spokesman Lt. Cliff Kooser says about two dozen stores were affected and utility crews were on the scene at the Forest Plaza and Festival Riva centers on Forest Drive.
Kooser said no injuries have been reported. The fire spokesman said the leak was reported about 2:30 p.m. Baltimore Gas and Electric spokeswoman Rachel Lighty said a crew had been dispatched to the scene. Lighty says the leak was reported following a fire Sunday morning at a store at 89 Forest Plaza, and natural gas service had been stopped while crews searched for the source of the leak.