French Drop Alleged Strauss-Kahn Rape Case

Tuesday, Oct 2, 2012  |  Updated 12:19 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Strauss-Kahn's DC Rape Case Dropped

AP

advertisement

A prosecutor in northern France says officials have dropped a preliminary investigation into allegations of rape in a Washington hotel by former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

State prosecutor Frederic Fevre in the northern city of Lille said Tuesday that the supposed victim, an escort girl, went back on her original account and now says no rape was involved, the Sipa news agency reported.

French officials opened the investigation in May into the alleged gang rape at the hotel in late 2010, when Strauss-Kahn headed the IMF. He resigned last year after a New York hotel maid separately accused him of sexual assault.

Strauss-Kahn is still targeted in France in a separate probe into a suspected prostitution ring run out of the luxury Carlton hotel in Lille.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out