Food left cooking unattended caused a fatal house fire in Frederick, Md.
When fire crews arrived at the house in the 800 block of East South Street at about 3:30 a.m. Thursday, giant flames were shooting out of the side of the house.
Firefighters searched the home and removed a woman from the second floor. She was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
Another person suffered non-life threatening injuries, and a firefighter sustained minor injuries.
Frederick County Fire Marshal Michael Dmuchowski said there wre no smoke alarms in the home. He estimated the damage at $100,000.