Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Schools in Frederick County, Maryland are apologizing today for an allergy mix-up that could have proven tragic.
On Tuesday, cafeteria workers realized the nacho chips they were serving at lunch were made with peanut oil.
The chips were quickly removed from the lunch line and school staff contacted families with children who have peanut allergies.
The county has a policy of buying products that are peanut-oil free and are trying to find out how those chips made it into the system.
The peanut-oil free measure is in response to a rise in peanut-related allergies among students in the school district.
According to Gazette.net, school officials have not heard of any students suffering allergic reactions to the chips.