Four Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in MD

Tuesday, Jul 2, 2013  |  Updated 8:52 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Four Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in MD

advertisement

Howard County officials said three adults and one child were transported to a local hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday afternoon.

Crews responded to a medical emergency in the 9500 block of Standon Place in Columbia at approximately 5 p.m. There, they found an alarming presence of carbon monoxide.

Officials confirm the source of the carbon monoxide was a faulty hot water heater.

Howard County Department of Rescue Services recommend residents purchase a carbon monoxide detector, which could be life-saving.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out