Fireworks Spark House Fire

Home it a total loss

Friday, Jul 2, 2010  |  Updated 7:03 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Investigators say fireworks discarded improperly sparked a fire that destroyed a home in <a title=Centreville, Va." />

Investigators say fireworks discarded improperly sparked a fire that destroyed a home in Centreville, Va.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Early Fourth Celebration Turns Tragic

Fairfax County fire officials said improperly disposed fireworks sparked a massive blaze, destroying a Centreville home.
More Photos and Videos

Six occupants of a home in Centreville, Va., had to run for their lives when their home erupted into fire.

Fireworks that weren't properly discarded sparked the blaze, officials said.

It started about 11pm at 5205 Ellicott Court.

When firefighters arrived at 5205 Ellicott Court at about 11 p.m., they found heavy fire in the front of the home and through the roof. They had it under control within 40 minutes but the home is a total loss.

Investigators said it was accidental, started by legal fireworks on the front porch.

Four adults and two children escaped uninjured.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out