Residents of a Silver Spring, Md., high-rise apartment complex returned to their homes Thursday morning after being evacuated because of a fire.
Crews arrived at the White Oak Towers on Columbia Pike about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They believe the fire started in the boiler room and was electrical in nature.
Luckily, the fire didn’t damage any of the apartments, but officials evacuated the residents because they didn’t feel it was safe.
The power was off from about 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., when authorities used generators to restore power.
Springbrook High School was used as a makeshift shelter for those who had nowhere else to go.