Fire Damages Burger King in Gainesville

Excessive grease in exhaust ducts deemed partial cause

Sunday, Feb 17, 2013  |  Updated 3:50 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Weird News Photos: Easter Egg Tree

NBC Local Media

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Fire damaged a Burger King restaurant in Gainesville early Sunday morning, forcing it to close indefinitely.

Investigators from the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue say that excessive grease accumulation in the restaurant's exhaust ducts for its cooking appliances was a contributing factor in the blaze, which caused an estimated $10,000 in damage. No injuries were reported.

The restaurant, located in the 7600 block of Linton Hall Road, will be closed until cleaning and repair work is completed and authorization to re-open is granted by the county's Health Department and Building Official's Office. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out