Faulty Wire Caused Fatal Glenarden Fire, Investigators Say

House fire killed four people last week

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A faulty refrigerator wire is to blame for a house fire that killed four people last week, Prince George's County fire investigators said Wednesday.

    Darrell Price Jr., 36; Tania Price, 8, and Patrice Price, 4, died Feb. 21 at local hospitals after fire broke out in their Glenarden, Md. home around 4 a.m.

    On Saturday morning, fire officials announced that 11-year-old Daijah Price died late Friday night at Children's National Medical Center.

    Firefighter Inspired by Young Survivor of Fatal Fire

    [DC] Firefighter Inspired by Young Survivor of Fatal Fire
    A firefighter found inspiration from an 8-year-old girl who escaped that triple-fatal fire in Glenarden, Md. News4 Prince George's County Bureau Chief Tracee Wilkins reports.

    Price's mother and an 8-year-old sister, who have not been identified, have been treated and released from local hospitals.

    It took about 75 firefighters to extinguish the blaze. Authorities said Friday the cause of the fire was electrical in nature and was considered accidental.

    No Working Smoke Detectors in Glenarden House Fire

    [DC] No Working Smoke Detectors in Glenarden House Fire
    A community in mourning over a tragedy that could have been avoided. A father and his two young children killed in a house fire in Glenarden, MD. Erika Gonzalez reports.

    The home did not have smoke alarms, firefighters said.