A man accused of slashing nine women’s posteriors with a box cutter in Fairfax County, Va., pleaded guilty Monday.
Pimentel targeted women at malls and shopping centers throughout the county, police said, distracting his victim, usually by knocking clothing over, before cutting them with a box cutter in a series of attacks that began in February 2011 and continued through July of that year.
None of the victims suffered serious physical injuries from the attacks.
Pimentel was arrested near a shopping mall in his native Peru, in January 2012. He was extradited to the United States in December.
No motivation for the attacks has been revealed.
Pimentel could receive up to seven years in prison at sentencing in Sept. 6.
- Suspected Butt Slasher Remains in Jail
- Suspected Butt Slasher Extradited to U.S.
- Report: Butt Slasher Arrested in Peru
- Serial Butt Slasher Located, Police Say
- Serial Butt Slash Suspect Identified
- Police Create Serial Butt Slasher Task Force
- More Victims Identified in Butt-Slasher Case
- Police Release Video of Serial Butt Slasher
- New Victim in Serial Butt Slashing Case
- Serial Butt Slasher Sought in Virginia
- Butt-Slashing Victim: “I Didn’t Even Know I Was Cut at First”