Ten people have been shot -- two fatally -- in D.C. in less than 48 hours beginning late Wednesday.
Some of the violence happened in residential neighborhoods, leaving residents there concerned for their safety.
Earlier Friday, police were saying seven people were shot.
The locations of the shootings include Upper Northwest, Logan Circle, Eckington and Southeast.
Friday morning, a 24-year-old man's body was found about 8:30 a.m. in front of a garden apartment in the 1900 block of 3rd Street NE in Eckington.
He has been identified as Vernon Davis of northeast D.C. Police believe he was shot about 3 a.m.
Davis was pronounced dead on the scene from a single gunshot wound.
There is no suspect description.
Previously, five separate shootings were reported in Northwest within hours of each other:
- About 11:55 p.m. Wednesday, four men were shot in the Sursum Corda neighborhood just off N. Capitol Street, at the edge of the new NoMa neighborhood. Delonta Hendrix, 32, was fatally wounded. Three others, said to be in their early 20s, had less serious injuries. Police believe two of the victims had been involved in a dice game and the others may have been watching.
- Thursday evening in Logan Circle, the city's busiest restaurant corridor became a crime scene when a man collapsed at 14th and R streets NW after being shot a block away around 9 p.m. One bullet hit a liquor store; another struck a parked car.
- In the Shepherd Park neighborhood of Upper Northwest, a man was shot and seriously wounded during what police believe was a carjacking. He was transported to a local hospital from the 1400 block of Jonquil Street NW.
- Around 11:25 p.m., an MPD patrol unit heard several gunshots and found a juvenile male suffering from a gunshot wound in the 1200 block of Rock Creek Ford Road NW. He was transported to a local hospital. Police are looking for three suspects in that case.
- Another shooting occurred in the 3900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue SE, where a male victim was shot twice, police said. He was transported to an area hospital. There is no suspect information.
- And a man was shot in the 5300 block of Dix Street NE.
D.C. police say most of the shootings were targeted and that those involved knew each other.