Fairfax County has extended in-person absentee voting hours.
Absentee voting will be held at the Fairfax County Governmental Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 323 on Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition, satellite absentee voting locations will be open Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Those locations are:
- Franconia Governmental Center, 6121 Franconia Rd., Alexandria
- Dolley Madison Library, 1244 Oak Ridge Ave. McLean
- North County Human Services Building, 1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston
- West Springfield Governmental Center, 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield
- Mason Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center 2511 Parkers Ln., Alexandria
- Sully Governmental Center, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly.
Virginia offers early voting only to absentee voters, who must state why they will not be able to vote on Election Day.
But Maryland offers early voting to any voter. Locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Friday was added to make up for Monday, when voting was cancelled due to the giant storm.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley also extended the deadline for absentee ballot applications until Wednesday at 8 p.m. for applications received by mail or delivery and noon for applications by fax or email.
Applications should be sent to the local board of elections.
A list of all early voting locations across the state can be found here or by calling the State Board of Elections at 1-800-222-8683.