One of two dogs seriously injured in a house fire in Bowie has died.
A two-year-old Chihuahua named Otis suffered smoke inhalation and was near death when he was found in the home on Sandal Lane Oct. 23. He died from his injuries over the weekend.
Otis' owner reached out to the community for help with the expensive vet bills. The family's second dog -- another Chihuahua, named Mylo -- spent two days at the vet but is now recovering with the family.
Julian Martin Massiah has been charged with first- and second-degree arson in connection with the fire. He is currently being held at the Prince George’s County Department of Corrections on a $150,000 bond.
Officials say the home was under foreclosure, but someone was living there. There's no word on how Massiah is connected to the home.