"Discarded Smoking Materials" to Blame for Alexandria Fire

By Jessica Johnson
|  Thursday, Jan 3, 2013  |  Updated 6:15 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
"Discarded Smoking Materials" to Blame for Alexandria Fire

Getty Images

advertisement

According to Fairfax County fire investigators, "discarded smoking materials" were to blame for a blaze that caused nearly $150,000 in damage.

Around 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, Alexandria firefighters were greeted by flames and smoke pouring through the front windows of a split level home in the 800 block of Eden Court.

As firefighters entered, the family's dog escaped unharmed. Luckily, no one else was home. They were able to put out the fire within 15 minutes.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out