D.C. to Decrease Some Traffic Fines
The District Department of Motor Vehicles will decrease some traffic ticket fines beginning Monday.
The changes are based on the Safety Based Traffic Enforcement Emergency Amendment Act of 2012.
Here are the changes you can expect beginning Monday:
- T119 Speeding 11 to 15 over – current: $100; new: $92
- T120 Speeding 16 to 20 over – current: $150; new: $100
- T121 Speeding 21 to 25 over – current: $200; new: $150
- T206 Failure to clear intersection – current: $100; new: $50
- T334 Failure to come to complete stop before making a right turn on red – current: $100; new: $50
- T116 Violation of “No Turn on Red” sign – current: $100; new: $50
- T759 Failure to stop and give right-of-way to pedestrian in roadway – current: $250; new: $75
For more information about these changes, check out the Department of Motor Vehicles website.