Gas Explosion Pancakes Pr. William House

By Tim Persinko
|  Monday, May 2, 2011  |  Updated 3:57 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Gas Explosion Pancakes Pr. William House

Fire officials said a gas leak was responsible for a home explosion in northern Virginia on Monday.

advertisement

A gas leak blew the walls down and the roof off of a home in Triangle, Virginia on Monday morning.

At 8:15 a.m. Prince William County fire units responded to a report of a building explosion at a two-story single family home.  When they arrived on the scene at 19117 Wayne Drive in Triangle, personnel found a house blown apart.  Firefighters said there were no flames but a heavy odor of gas in the air.

Authorities said a man that had been trapped underneath the debris was helped out of the rubble by a neighbor.  He was transported to a nearby hospital for closer observation.  The surrounding houses in the neighborhood have been evacuated as a precaution.

Prince William authorities said that the gas company assisted on the scene.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out