Gas Explosion Pancakes Pr. William House

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fire officials said a gas leak was responsible for a home explosion in northern Virginia on Monday.

    A gas leak blew the walls down and the roof off of a home in Triangle, Virginia on Monday morning.

    At 8:15 a.m. Prince William County fire units responded to a report of a building explosion at a two-story single family home.  When they arrived on the scene at 19117 Wayne Drive in Triangle, personnel found a house blown apart.  Firefighters said there were no flames but a heavy odor of gas in the air.

    Authorities said a man that had been trapped underneath the debris was helped out of the rubble by a neighbor.  He was transported to a nearby hospital for closer observation.  The surrounding houses in the neighborhood have been evacuated as a precaution.

    Prince William authorities said that the gas company assisted on the scene.