Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Apartment Complex Evacuation

By Megan McGrath
|  Tuesday, Jul 26, 2011  |  Updated 3:16 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Video from the scene of a carbon monoxide leak in Rockville overnight Tuesday.

Video from the scene of a carbon monoxide leak in Rockville overnight Tuesday.

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A close call for residents of a Rockville apartment complex.

A broken hot water heater created a carbon monoxide leak. Fire officials say the gas was then spread into several units by the fan inside an HVAC unit.

It happened around 1:30 this morning in the 1200 block of 1st Street. Fortunately, some residents were awake at that hour. When they began to feel sick, they dialed 911. Rescue crews woke up other residents and evacuated the building.

Eleven people were transported and treated at the hospital. None of the injuries are serious

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out