Home Depot Product Sparks Store Fire in Prince George's

Tuesday, May 21, 2013  |  Updated 9:49 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Home Depot Product Sparks Store Fire

Officials say a two-alarm fire at a Prince George's County Home Depot was caused by a product inside of the store.

advertisement

Officials say a two-alarm fire at a Prince George's County Home Depot involved patio furniture and other shelved items.

Tuesday afternoon around 3:30 p.m., firefighers responded to 150 Hampton Park Blvd. for a report of smoke inside of the building.

The store was evacuated and sprinklers were used. There were no reported injuries, but the store sustained approximately $500,000 in damages.

Officials told the Associated Press the store will not reopen for a "period of time."

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out