Christmas Tree Recycling Rules
Liz Crenshaw has advice for recycling your Christmas tree.
It's time to talk about the depressing job of taking down the Christmas trees. Here are the rules for local jurisdictions:
- In the District, Christmas trees will be picked up for recycling through Saturday, January 11th. Put your tree on the curb next to your trash container.
- If you live in Fairfax County, put that live Christmas tree on the curb for recyling during the first two weeks in January.
- In Arlington County, trees will be picked up January 6th through January 17th on your regular trash collection day.
- Loudoun County offers five locations for residents to drop off Christmas trees for recycling through January 19th. Those locations are: the Loudoun County Landfill in Leesburg, Lovettsville Game Protective Association, Franklin Park in Purcellville, South Riding Town Hall & Claude Moore Park in Sterling.
- If you live in Prince William County, take your greenery to: the Price William County Compost Facility in Manassas, NOVEC in Gainesville, the Prince William County Landfill in Manassas or the Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge.
- In Alexandria, holiday trees can be recycled curbside for those who receive collection service from the city, January 6th through 17th.
- Montgomery County recycles Christmas trees year-round. Put your tree at the curb by 7 a.m. on your recycling collection day.
- In Prince George's County, residents should place trees curbside before 6:30 a.m on regularly scheduled collection days by February 1st.