Charcoal Grill Starts Fire at Waldorf Home

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Remnants from a charcoal grill started a serious fire at a Waldorf home early Monday morning, Charles County Fire officials said. (Published Monday, Apr 14, 2014)

    Remnants from a charcoal grill started a fire that engulfed a two-story Waldorf home early Monday morning, Charles County Fire officials said.

    Fire crews were called to the 2900 block of Henry Court in the Constitution Hills subdivision around 4:45 a.m. Chopper4 flew above the scene as crews finished extinguishing the blaze. Five units from Prince George's County were also sent to the house fire to help.

    Once the flames were out, only the frame of the home remained standing in the back portion of the house.

    Four adults and four children were able to escape the fire unharmed. 

    The fire was started by charcoal grill ashes igniting combustible materials on the back deck of the home.

    Officials say damages are an estimated $350,000 for the structure and $150,000 for the contents. The Red Cross is assisting the family.