Saturday was a busy day for Fairfax County firefighters.
In addition to the 2-alarm blaze that displaced 30 in Springfield, another fire went to 2 alarms in Centreville.
The incident occurred in a 3-story townhouse on Red River Drive.
Four people were inside the home when the fire started, an adult woman, and infant, and two other children.
A smoke detector alerted them to the fire, which started in the house's lower level. All four were able to evacuate safely. The fire is estimated to have caused $400,000 in damage.
Fairfax Fire and Rescue says one of the children, a 7-year-old, had been playing with matches, which sparked the fire.